Youth Pastor (Full/Part Time)
Bristol Chinese Christian Church (BCCC) a growing Church in Bristol. We are passionate to promote the advancement of the Christian faith and to preach the Gospel and make disciples of Jesus Christ, primarily, but not exclusively to the Chinese community in Bristol and the surrounding area. We have three growing congregations – Cantonese, English and Mandarin speaking with a great team of committed volunteers who help lead both Sunday and midweek activities.
We are looking to appoint a youth pastor who will work together with the existing pastoral team and church leaders to provide pastoral care to our youths. We are looking for someone who has a firm commitment to following Christ and a desire to share the gospel; building lifelong disciples, modelling honest, passionate discipleship, and encouraging the congregation to grow in a lively, committed and radical faith in Jesus Christ.
Depending on the agreement, this could be a full time or a part time position. The successful applicant will provide spiritual and pastoral leadership to achieve the objectives of the Church, as stated in the constitution. The pastor will preach two to three times a month, lead Bible studies, train and teach church members and disciple the congregation. The pastor will lead the congregation to share the gospel in and around Bristol.
Essential qualities / skills:
- A firm commitment to following Christ, and a desire to share the gospel and build lifelong disciples
- Is called to serve and pastor the specified ministry groups
- Has the heart to understand various cultures and backgrounds to be able to pastor the group
- Have recognized theological training at (or equivalent) degree level
- At least 3 years of pastoral experience in relevant ministry
- Fluent in English and intermediate level in Chinese (Cantonese and/or Mandarin)
- An evangelical theology background
- Experience of working in a Chinese community
Support and Accountability:
- You will be part of the pastoral team, responsible to the senior pastor and accountable to the Executive Committee.
- Working hours: Full time (40 hrs/week with 6 day working and a day off per week) / Part time (20-30 hrs/week)
- Accommodation allowance may be available depending on circumstances
- Opportunity to join staff pension scheme
- Expenses of office will be covered according to contract terms
- Annual Leave entitlement of 24 working days plus 8 days public holidays or time off in lieu
- Expenses for training and courses may be subsidised
If you are interested in applying, please submit your CV and covering letter to Mr Kevin Ip (church secretary) via email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do contact us if there is anything you want to discuss or clarify about this post prior to applying.