BCCC Family Pastor
Bristol Chinese Christian Church (BCCC) a growing Church in Bristol. We are passionate to promote the advancement of the Christian faith and to preach the Gospel and make disciples of Jesus Christ, primarily, but not exclusively to the Chinese community in Bristol and the surrounding area. We have three growing congregations – Cantonese, English and Mandarin speaking with a great team of committed volunteers who help lead both Sunday and midweek activities.
To appoint a full time family pastor who will work together with the existing pastoral team and church leader to provide pastoral care to families & couples Overseeing the Sunday School and Youth Group who has a firm commitment to following Christ, and a desire to share the gospel and build lifelong disciples, modelling honest, passionate discipleship and encouraging the congregation to grow in a lively, committed and radical faith in Jesus Christ.
This is a permanent position with the first 12 months as the probationary period. The successful applicant will provide spiritual and pastoral leadership to achieve the objectives of the Church as stated in the constitution. The pastor will preach three times a month, lead Bible studies, train and teach church members the Bible and disciple the congregation. The pastor will lead the congregation to share the gospel in and around Bristol.
Essential qualities/ skills:
- A vibrant personal Christian faith
- Able to speak fluent English and Chinese: Cantonese and/or Mandarin
- At least 3 years of ministerial experience
- A team player, with the ability to encourage and work collaboratively with other volunteers and staff
- Someone who is skilful at creating programmes and has the ability to plan ahead
- An evangelical theology background
- Experience of working in Chinese community
Additional Information / Support and Accountability:
- Administrative support
- Provision of training and courses
- To be personally resourced through conferences
- Ultimately responsible to our senior pastor Rev Irene Chan
- Annual review with Rev Irene Chan and the Executive Committee
- Working hours – Full time (40 hrs/week)
- Salary – Range £24,000 – £30,000 (depending on experience)
- Opportunity to join Staff pension scheme
- Expenses of office to be paid in full
- Bank Holidays and 24 days holiday per year
If you are interested in applying, please submit your CV and covering letter to Mrs Victoria Cherriman (church secretary) via email email@example.com. Please do contact us if there is anything you want to discuss or clarify about this post prior to applying.