BCCC Family Pastor
Bristol Chinese Christian Church (BCCC) is a growing Church in Bristol. We are passionate to promote the advancement of the Christian faith and to preach the Gospel and make disciples of Jesus Christ, primarily – but not exclusively – to the Chinese community in Bristol and the surrounding area. We have three growing congregations – Cantonese, English and Mandarin speaking, altogether about 150 people.
We are looking to appoint a full time family pastor who will work together with the existing pastoral team and church leaders to provide pastoral care to families, oversee the Sunday School and Youth Group. We are looking for someone who has a firm commitment to following Christ and a desire to share the gospel; building lifelong disciples, modelling honest, passionate discipleship, and encouraging the congregation to grow in a lively, committed and radical faith in Jesus Christ.
This is a full time position. The successful applicant will provide spiritual and pastoral leadership to achieve the objectives of the Church, as stated in the constitution. The pastor will preach three times a month, lead Bible studies, train and teach church members and disciple the congregation. The pastor will lead the congregation to share the gospel in and around Bristol.
Essential qualities/ skills:
- A vibrant personal Christian faith
- Have recognised theological training at (or expected to) degree level
- Able to speak fluent English and Chinese: Cantonese and/or Mandarin
- At least 3 years of ministerial experience
- A team player, with the ability to encourage and work collaboratively with other volunteers and staff
- Someone who is skilful at creating programmes and has the ability to plan ahead
- An evangelical theology background
- Experience of working in Chinese community
Support and Accountability:
- You will be responsible to the senior pastor
- Working hours – Full time (40 hrs/week)
- Accommodation allowance may be available depending on circumstances
- Opportunity to join staff pension scheme
- Expenses of office to be covered in full
- leave entitlement of 24 working days plus 8 days public holidays or time off in lieu
- Training and courses will be provided as needed
If you are interested in applying, please submit your CV and covering letter to Mrs Victoria Cherriman (church secretary) via email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do contact us if there is anything you want to discuss or clarify about this post prior to applying.